Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Confidence is Showing



I just returned from a committee meeting tonight, where I did a pencil drawing for their logo, and the feedback I received was nothing short of amazing. When I get compliments on my talent, I usually think, "please! there are so many that can do so much better" but I can honestly say lately I'm taking it in, taking it to heart and really feeling like I actually am a talented artist.


I wish I could put my finger on what has changed inside me. Could it be all the creative designs I've been doing? Creating my new logo and business cards? Seeing prints of my creations coming in the mail? I'm not sure, but I can say I LOVE THE FEELING! I feel like I'm finally finding my place into this art world that I've been looking in on for so many years wishing I could join in.


I'm posting another painting/paper creation I made. A good friend of mine told me today that I should think about doing more of these. They like the dimension and the toned down more earthy tones. I have to agree. Not that I don't LOVE the angels, cause I do and I'm still going to add alot more of those to the line, but I know I need my work to appeal to a broad range of people and this is another one that I can explore.


If your reading this, I want to say THANK YOU! Thanks for being interested. Thanks for taking time away from the rest of your day to think of me and my journey. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.


I'm going to start a page on etsy.com as soon as chose my printing company, and get my page up and running. I'll keep you all posted on here and on facebook. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment