Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Story Behind the Eyes

When I was a child (I'm gonna make a crazy guess and say I was around 7 or 8 years old) I started drawing. The main thing I remember drawing, or should I say TRACING, was coloring pages from my Garfield coloring book. I traced the one specific page so often that I can still draw it from memory today. Is this the way I believe all artists should get their start? NO. But it sure worked for me! I also really enjoyed drawing people. NOT bodies, just their faces, and the eyes were always drawn way larger and out of proportion to the rest of the features. This also has been something that I can easily do if I'm not careful when I do a portrait. The eyes are the first thing I notice when I meet someone new, or just in passing. So this doesn't surprise me. I guess "I'm an eye girl"





So when creating my new line of angel characters, of course I decided to make their eyes large and beautiful with a special sparkle or detail in each one. I feel this gives them alot of character and draws you in to their special story or meaning.



I'm posting a new angel that I finished over the weekend. She's a ragdoll angel and she also has special eyes. Check it out, and please let me know if you like her.



One of my paintings will be on The B Band's Leapyear Auction starting at 7pm. Please get on and bid on any of the items listed! Its for a wonderful cause for a wonderful friend of mine!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment